On a current site the I have news entries archived by:
- Year (using Zoo Triggers)
In the sidebar of the each news template (index & detail) it simply lists the years entries appeared in and below that is another list of the categories the entries are categorized in. E.G.:
- Category 1
- Category 2
- Category 3
Instead of static lists now the client is asking me to make each year and category a check box that can allow the user to select the years and categories of the entries they would like shown.
Examples include selecting:
- Category 1 + 2011 | shows all entries from Category 1 AND from 2011
- Category 2 + Category 3 | shows all entries from Category 2 OR Category 3
- 2012 + 2010 | show all entries from 2012 AND 2010
The only catches are:
- Site uses Structure
- Zoo Triggers is set up for yearly and category archives
My questions are:
- Is it possible to do this natively?
- Are there any add-ons available that I don't know about that can achieve this?
From my digging it looks like I should be looking at this as a custom "search" but I want to cover my bases first.