I'm looking for ideas on how to implement this, even if it means building stuff custom. Basically, the flow goes like this:
- A visitor goes to the site and wants access to some downloadable content
- Visitor has to submit contact info (think lead-gen form) to get a 4-digit PIN
- 4-digit PIN should be auto-generated per visitor/form filled out
- 4-digit PIN is used by visitor to "login" to downloadable content area
- If visitor forgets their PIN, a "forgot PIN/password" function is needed.
Obviously, this sounds like member registration with custom fields (using Zoo Visitor most likely) would do the trick, but the gotcha is with the 4-digit PIN - it must be 4-digits/characters and it must be auto-generated for the visitor and subsequently emailed*.
Also, when logging in to the protected area, all that should be entered is a PIN. No username. (Is that possible?)
Is there an add-on that will auto-generate the PIN and send the email upon successful sign-up? Any other ideas also welcome. :)
*I realize that sending PINs/passwords via email is a security no-no but it's needed in this case and there's no personal data accessed on the front-end of the site.