I'm backing an HTML application with expression engine, using the wonderfully unreliable appcache tech. It works in firefox and chrome, but not IE and i've nailed (using charles proxy debugger) it down to the fact that IE is refusing to cache the page because it has the above cache-control headers.
So, I need to stop that happening. Of course, there is a setting in EE:
Admin > Output & Debugging > Generate HTTP Page Headers?
But changing that has no effect.
I have tried using meta tags for cache-control, but of course, that is no longer valid html, and it would have no effect, anyway (despite knowing this, i did try it, and it did have no effect).
I am certain it is EE causing it, since opening /index.php in the root and doing the following results in the correct headers (though, obviously, no markup).
If i leave the above header line in place, the incorrect headers are being sent, conclusion being that EE is sending its own headers, after I'm sending that one, meaning it is being overwritten.
I've found declaration in EE_Output.php, but this isn't where the headers are being sent for templates.
So, I need to find where they are being sent... and I can't seem to find anywhere obvious - which is obviously irritating.
If you guys can offer any assistance, that'd be really useful.