I have the chequerboard / empty thumbnails showing up in Assets, for all images. Everything is working fine on the live site. So far I've tried:
- Checking / applying 777 to all images and the cache/assets directories
- Emptying the cache/assets/thumbs directory and clearing the browser cache
- Updating any old dev server paths I could find in the db to the new
- Updating from Assets 2.2.2 to the latest, 2.3.2, clicked 'update modules' and cleared cache
- Checking the network tool for the thumbs, I get 200 OK but 'Failed to load the given URL' under Firebug. This is most likely because the files aren't there, I know because I have uploaded a thumb from the dev site cache and that worked.
- Don't think it's .htaccess, have not changed that recently, but it is set to remove index.php but not www. The index.php?ACT query seems to be working fine as the thumbnail test above shows.
- Checked User session is set to cookies only
- Cleared EE data caches
The images were uploaded via Assets at dev, http://prometheus.glue.co.nz (ignore it, it's broken now), then went live at http://www.prometheus.co.nz two months ago. Guess the problem started then and went unnoticed. Same host so server paths not all that different. Oh, running PHP 5.3.10 and EE 2.7.2.
Please help? Hoping P&T crew would like to log in.