I'm really sorry this is a bit of a vague question, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts that may shed some light on this issue.
I recently installed the "Better Workflow" plugin on a client's website. I literally only installed it and enabled it - I didn't change any configuration - or tweak any other settings. I left it for them to configure the workflow as they wished.
A few days later they informed me that some entries in their EE site were mysteriously going missing. We believed it to be caused by the Workflow plugin automatically submitting entries as Closed. They hadn't yet configured the Workflow themselves - so I disabled both the Add-on and the Module. They're both still disabled as of this moment.
In the week that followed we noticed:
- Some entries still closing themselves on update
- Some entries closing themselves overnight (they came back on Monday after the weekend to find several entries auto-closed whilst they were gone)
- Some entries vanishing from the database completely and irreversibly (not closing - literally deleting)
The client is technically competent and I am certain there's not a rogue user simply deleting entries. But things are going missing - either automatically closing in seemingly mysterious circumstances or vanishing entirely.
So my question is...
- Could this have anything to do with Better Workflow modifying configurations?
- Could this have anything to do with Better Workflow at all, or is that a red herring?
- Are there any EE settings that auto-set expiry dates for tours or auto-close them?
- Have you seen anything like this before, or do you have any suggestions for how to begin to tackle this issue?