I am trying to send email from ExpressionEngine using Amazon's Simple Email Service via SMTP and I can't get this working.
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/smtp-connect.html provides direction on how to connect. I configured EE3 outgoing email in the following way:
- Server Address: email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com
- Server Port: 587 (I've also tried 25)
- Username: [my AWS-provided SMTP user credential]
- Password: [my AWS-provided SMTP user credential]
- Connection Type: STARTTLS (I've also tried SSL and unencrypted)
I've tried all of the port/connection combinations that I can think of. Some of them throw a PHP fsockopen() error. Other times no error is thrown and FreeForm shows a successful submission screen, but SES never got the request to send a message.
What is the correct way to configure EE to work with SES?