Channel Images 6.0.4
I'm experiencing a weird error with Channel Images addon, i am not more able to upload files in channels' existing items or new ones.
The file looks like is completely uploaded (it reachs 100%) and then an error occurrs:
Server response was not as expected, probably a PHP error. OPEN ERROR
"Open error" doesn't really help because the ajax call already thrown a js error, inspecting it show that the response text is a full web page (the front page).
It looks like something similar to what happened in this post, but the given solutions (php memory and small files) are not helpful.
Trying to create new channel and a new channel_images field doesn't solve the issue.
The channel_images field definition shows that it fails to test location, loading the front page of the website inside the modal instead of the test results.
Many PHP 7 versions has been tested. The only thing that happened on the server are the PHP recompile occurred on december, and the hosting service stated that nothing changed.
- the website is on shared hosting
- the native EE upload mechanism works properly
- double checked path and upload directory under Settings > URL and Path Settings and field detail
- caching driver is setted to "file"
- website is running PHP 7.2 and I am enough confindent all the needed php extensions are loaded
- the htaccess is the one from the EE manual
Do you have any hints where/what i can investigate?
Could the PHP recompilation be responsible?