I have a client that would like to edit file names for photos that site members have uploaded. She wants to rename them for SEO purposes. (e.g. changing name from DSC_00234.jpg to a-descriptive-title.jpg)
Here is a bit more detail:
- Members each have an account where they can create a profile about their services/products and they can upload multiple photos
- The photos are stored in a Matrix with image input and descriptive caption (which is used in alt text)
- We are concerned with making sure that when an image is renamed it will still be linked properly in the entry in the Matrix field
- Client would prefer to be able to edit these filenames herself after they have been uploaded, rather then at the time of upload by site members, so that she has more control.
- A solution that would automatically rename them to something useful (rather than having client edit them herself) would work for us too.
- We did not see anything that would do this with either built-in EE functionality or with add-ons. (Thought it's possible we might have missed an add-on.)
Any recommendations on a decent way to accomplish this?