I have recently purchased MSM but am having trouble getting it to work. I have followed the docs to a tee but have had no luck.
I have completed the following:
- Installed and activated the add-on
- Created a new site (did not copy anything from site 1)
- Updated URL to root directory in Admin > General Config
- Created a new template group and made default for site2
- Added site 2 to hosting
- Ensured "open_basedir" has been turned off
- Copied admin.php & index.php from site 1
- Updated system path in admin.php & index.php to absolute URL of site 1 (other variables also updated to reflect site 2 cp url & url).
- Uploaded admin.php & index.php to site 2
- Reload the site but get the following message:
Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly. Please open the following file and correct this: index.php
I have tried relative links for system paths but get the same result.
Does the name of site 2's admin.php & system name need to be the same as site 1 (I have changed it as a security precaution) ?
Any help of feedback would be appreciated.