People who code: we want your input. Take the Survey
3

From these errors it looks like the paths are pointing to folders that don't exist (because you're moving from a local setup to live). Have you ever used a multi-environment config like Focus Lab's Master Config? Since you can't log into the control panel and it looks like the issue has to do with paths, you could get the paths reconfigured using a multi-...


2

Solved: was a fieldframe path issue


1

You probably have to trigger Matrix's update script. Go to Add-Ons → Fieldtypes → Matrix and it'll run automatically. If that doesn't work, try turning on error messages for admins and see if that gives you some hints. In system/expressionengine/config/config.php, put $config['debug'] = "1";


1

Does the new server run a different version of PHP? If possible and you have the option to do so, you could try lowering the version of PHP down to 5.6 or 5.4 and see if that resurrects the site.


1

First, disable gzip compression in the config (gzip_output = 'n'): https://ellislab.com/expressionengine/user-guide/general/system_configuration_overrides.html#gzip-output Then, look at the error that appears when refreshing the page :-) (of course, $debug must be 1 for the error to show)


1

I had moved over safecracker_file in the third_party directory along with my other extensions when doing the upgrade. Removing safecracker_file fixed the issue.


1

There are a heap of errors with version 2.8 mostly to do with javascript. https://support.ellislab.com/bugs/detail/20165 Also P&T add-ons seem to have been particularly affected, users reporting issues with Playa, Matrix etc. There's no ETA on a fix right now just that one is coming with the 2.8.1 release. So I'm playing safe and sticking with 2.7.3


1

It looks like you still have references to your local filesystem for both your themes folder and your templates folder. These values might be set in your config.php file, or directly in the database. (If you set them via config, you can override any bad values in the database.) Pop these in your config.php file to fix this up: $config['tmpl_file_basepath']...


1

xdebug.scream did start giving output a while later, I presume the WSOD without output was cached or something. It gave me the answer to my question: I hadn't installed php mysql drivers.


1

Solved: My template caching system interfered with page generating. My dev environment didn't have the cache working, so it appeard that the templates were working...


1

In my experience a white screen is always a suppressed PHP error. If you can't get the error to show, something is still suppressing it. Instead of going back and forth with comments, we jumped on Skype. In this case, disabling extensions in the config.php file got the PHP error to show up on the screen. This is an EE1 site so we used: $conf['...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible