If it's static content within a template and you don't want to give the client access to the template then you have a couple of options;
Use a global variable or snippet, the client can edit this without touching the full template... though you won't have WYSIWYG editing.
Create a channel entry and replace the content in the template with the tags for to ...
You could use Low Variables to manage the template content; that would abstract the maintenance to an interface and leave the template out of the process entirely.
Your question is not very clear though; how is the content getting into the template? Presumably you have channels; can your client not edit the channel entries to update the site?
Or do you ...
I'm not sure how agressive you want to get with stripping inline styles or if there are certain instances where you'd need to allow them, but you could use some simple jQuery to strip them out.
Something like has worked for me in the past:
You could obviously modify this depending on the element(s) your client ...
If you jump into your WYGWAM configurations, there are a few settings you can add to aid this errant behavior.
Modules > Wygwam > Edit Configuration
And a few more dependent on your needs.
I also am in the habit of wrapping any wygwam content inside a <div class="wygwam"> so I can target via CSS ...
This was an odd one! It turns out it was a suhosin.get.max_value_length setting.
Any value over 128 characters, the variable was dropped from $_GET. And our combo loader specifies the files to pull in to create the js file via $_GET:
Mate, you've got your work curt out!
I just spend a half hour of my time trawling through the compressed JS to find a solution, it's not coming easy!
The problem is the formatting seems to be applied via JS when your editing the field, this is courtisy of a plugin called Wysihat, but not just that, Wysihat has been modified to work with jQuery, then ...
I was having the same issue. I copied a new version of the "themes" folder from a fresh 2.9.2 install into my webroot. Then I put my third-party themes back in and all works great now. I think it's a set of styles or JS in the themes folder that you're missing.
When working on larger projects, i usually write templates to files. That way you can more easily edit in a "real" editor (like sublime etc.) and store a copy in an archive or even version control with git or mercurial.
After everything works, you only have to sync all templates via the template manager once (and optionally disable templates as files to ...
Well, I am biased but I use my own Channel Data library for just about everything. I just re-wrote it entirely with full CRUD support, and will save you loads of time. Not familiar with Bjorn's solution, so I can't comment either way.
I would advise against this. When you upgrade EE, you will have to constantly backup specific files and ensure they aren't ...
This is how I do it in ProForm and other add-ons...
Basically, you first put the needed files into the themes/third_party directory under a new directory name that matches the name of your addon's main third_party folder.
For instance, if your module is at this location:
You would place ...
I've used Edit Alarm in the past with pretty good results. I didn't use it with Zoo Admin, so I'm not sure if this is the same add-on you're referring to, but it's free and will likely do what you need with very little footprint. If you want more advanced features, I would also go with Justin's recommendation of Publisher.