5

Take a look at Members › Member Groups › Guests › Access search utility. Should solve your problem


4

You have this tagged as PHP, but this sounds more like a job for JavaScript. The Search module is already preventing empty searches, which is why you get that error page. Lots of ways to accomplish this, here is one way if you are using jQuery: $(document).ready(function() { $('#search').submit(function() { if ($('#keywords').val() == '') { ...


3

WOW!!! I feel a little embarrassed on this one. I will still post the answer since I have seen several other posts in various sites, be it EllisLab support, here, or others. Another fine example of forgetting something very simple and why reviewing the docs on a regular basis is a great idea. ;) Adding the following allowed the search of the entry inside ...


3

Looks like this was a FREEBIE issue. I set "search" to always parse and POOF! Thanks to Kevin @ Ellis Lab for the help on this one!


2

In my case it required to add status to search tag {exp:search:simple_form channel="products" search_in="everywhere" status="open" result_page="home/search"} and I was able to see search results.


2

Check to ensure the fields associated with the actual channel "news_and_updates" are searchable. In the field settings there is an option: Is field searchable? Make sure any that need to be, are.


2

I've seen this before when {exp:search:keywords} is used twice in the same template. Try adding random to the tag so that it's not cached by the template parser: {exp:search:keywords random}


2

Yup: {channel}. Note that all of the Channel Entries variables are available within the Search Results tag.


2

EE has an "advanced" search feature as well which allows category filtering - see https://docs.expressionengine.com/latest/add-ons/search/advanced.html for example code.


1

Simple search does not allow you to constrain a search within categories. To do what you describe you have (at least) two options: Use simple search as now and then dump the unfiltered output from any search into a set of layout variable arrays, in which you capture (along with the search content / results to be displayed) the category(ies) assigned to each ...


1

I updated EE to 5.3.0 and it fixed the issue.


1

Your question peaked my interest, so I put together a test on my sandbox. I admit this is an out of date EE2.8.1. I tried out a number of variations however the one thing that springs out to me is that the "not" in status seems to cause unexpected results. For example I did a search with status="not open" and got no results (expecting 2), when I say "no ...


1

One note first: you don't need to add a manual form tag inside of the search:simple_form tag - it generates its own. The best way to do this (since the Search module doesn't have great extension hooks) is to add some custom code on the search result page. This would be best done in a custom plugin. You'd grab the keywords based on the search query in the ...


1

The short answer is that you cannot sort by channel natively. The long answer is that native search result ordering is determined by the search form itself so that the sorting can be done by the database when the search takes place. If an orderby field is present in the POST data, the sort can be customized with the following options: <select name="...


1

In order to make this work, and not get the "The action you have requested is invalid" message when there are no results, I also had to set the template in the no_result_page parameter to a different template than the result_page template. On further investigation, however, it seems that the problem specifically lies with the EE search engine returning "no ...


1

Try to modify your no search results parameter to include the index template of that group no_result_page="search/index" The parameter should include the template group and template: http://ellislab.com/expressionengine/user-guide/add-ons/search/simple.html#no-result-page


1

My No Results Page had this code, which is incorrect: {exp:search:search_results} <p>We have been unable to find any results for '{exp:search:keywords}'</p> {/exp:search:search_results} I found the answer I was looking for here: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/242817/ By using this code: Sorry, there are no results for '{exp:...


1

It's a bug in EE's native Search module. Bug reported here: https://support.ellislab.com/bugs/detail/19828 Here's the fix: Starting in line 1290 of system/expressionengine/modules/search/mod.search.php REPLACE if ($query->num_rows() == 0 OR $query->row('total_results') == 0) { return ee()->output->show_user_error('off', array(lang('...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible