Broadly speaking, as the error says, you are not connecting to your database. So, check to make sure everything is "plugged in" properly.
Things to check:
- file exists
- triple check you are using the correct database info for your current server/environment (host, username, password, and database name)
- file has ...
If you are seeing a white screen there's an error happening and you need to display that error to be able to know how to proceed. (See the EE user guide about Blank Pages.)
To show that error, edit your folder's index.php file and replace $debug = 0 with $debug = 1. Revisit your site and you should see the error.
If you see something like this:
A Database ...
You can log errors to a file using php_value error_log in your .htaccess file:
Here's a recommended .htaccess setup:
php_flag display_errors 1
php_flag display_startup_errors 1
php_value error_reporting 30719
php_value error_log /home/USER/log/PROJECT.log
I'm moving the question poster's comment here as an answer:
"... I can access the accessories page now. I believe it was a problem attached to the Devot:ee monitor add-on. I removed the cache for it and reinstalled it and was able to access the page again."
Store relies on a library called expressodev/laravel-codeigniter-db. The latest version of this library does support mysqli, but the version that comes packaged with Store is older and does not contain mysqli support.
Replace your system/expressionengine/third_party/store/vendor/expressodev/laravel-codeigniter-db folder with the latest version found here: ...
EE has to look at all your plugin files to create the list of plugins. You have a rogue plugin that isn't formatted correctly, and is causing the issue.
Start by removing all of your plugins. Then add them back one by one until you find the culprit. You should do this on a staging or development server, of course.
After digging as deeply as I knew how, I eventually took a backup sql script of the production and backup databases, along with the site files from both servers and used WinMerge to compare both. I found entries in the table "exp_template_no_access" in the backup server db, but not in production.
Those entries lead me to discover that there were no ...
So as it turned out, this was nothing to do with EE or any of the addons installed.
We had installed Trace to manage db changes between environments. For the most part, this worked well...until it didn't.
One of the changes that module introduces is a change to your db config, setting the mysql drive to mysql_trace
Arbitrarily, I reverted this back to the ...
After a little bit of poking around, I found a thread in the archived EllisLabs forums with the solution. I needed to make a couple small edits to /controllers/cp/sites.php to get up and running.
My hunch is MSM 2.1.6 was not quite compatible with 2.5.2 and so rolling back to an the slightly edited older version of MSM got me moving again.
For future ...
I'd suggest turning on CodeIgniter logging. In your config.php file set the value for $config['log_threshold'].
0 = Disables logging, Error logging TURNED OFF
1 = Error Messages (including PHP errors)
2 = Debug Messages
3 = Informational Messages
4 = All Messages
You'll need to also create the /system/logs/ folder and set it to be writable. You can ...