Hot answers tagged

4

Welcome to ExpressionEngine! The first thing to understand is that EE has no concept of "regions" - it completely separates your content from your templates. The only content which appears at any given URL (which essentially is the same as your templates - templates in EE are like routes or controllers) is what you explicitly define inside your templates. ...


4

The simplest solution is to use EE's built-in Member Groups, then use conditional checking in your templates: {if logged_in_group_id == "5"} // Place some group-specific code here {/if} {if logged_in_group_id == "8"} // Place some group-specific code here {/if}


3

Multi Site Manager would work well for this. Each member group can be assigned to one or more sites in the network Super Admins can access all sites and settings. Content from other sites can be accessed by using the site parameter on any Channel Entries tag


2

You could do it with Matrix and create a column for every possible piece of content, although it could get unwieldy. Or maybe Entry Widgets will do what you need.


2

You can use the add-on Find and Replace Plus. http://devot-ee.com/add-ons/find-and-replace-plus This should work for you. {exp:replace_plus} {replace_area find="<p><figure>" replace="<figure>"} {replace_area find="</figure></p>" replace="</figure>"} text you want processed {/replace_area} {/replace_area} {/...


2

To isolate the problem, I would Try with a very simple "hello world" snippet or embed and see if it renders Add a single simple exp:channel:entries tag in there and see if it works Add in your exp:channel:entries one by one to see where it breaks EDIT: Try adding dynamic="no" to your channel entries loops, since you don't want EE to try to be intelligently ...


2

I decided upon using Optimizely, which is not the perfect solution since you can't use dynamic content, but since the client only wanted to change out 1 section of the homepage, I decided this was the best solution for what they wanted. You don't even need an account to test it out on your site, just visit their Homepage and enter your site url to try out ...


2

I'll elaborate more on my comment to answer the poster more fully... There isn't a reliable, solid mechanism (especially automated) that I've come across that can safely migrate content forwards onto a live site - especially if you have living data (membership, commenting, forums, etc). If considering this, also remember environment configs and entry hit ...


1

Maybe you should use css instead of bootsrap... You can use the column feature of css. There's many option/parameters.. Look here : https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/columns or here https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_column-count.asp


1

1) Verify the template files system path is correct: Design > Templates > Global Preferences 2) Generally speaking, you can clear the current cache by navigating to "Tools > Data > Clear Caching". You can also try deleting all of the cache files in the /system/expressionengine/cache/ folder but I haven't tried that for this type of scenario.


1

Generally this is a sign that your server has mod_security enabled. You'll want to disable it, or have your host do so, or at least loosen up the settings on it. Basically, mod_security is seeing words that could be parts of rogue SQL queries coming in via POST, and it blocks them from getting passed to the script as a preventative measure.


1

Cam, you've not provided a lot of detail, but, hopefully, this will help get you in the right direction. If you provide more info, we can guide you better. {if logged_out} {exp:channel:entries channel="products" category="not 2"} {/if} {if logged_in} {exp:channel:entries channel="products"} {/if}


1

Yes, I've used this approach myself a number of times and it works well (though I've not used it with Structure, i would think the approach would still work), particularly if you are able to wrap the conditional with Croxton's switchee add-on to early parse the matching segments. So you'd have something like this: {exp:channel:entries channel="markets" ...


1

So, I'm not sure if this would be sufficient or even what you're looking for (if there's loads of content this will be tedious), but first thing I thought of was just doing it frontend with jQuery: $('#textDiv').find('*').each(function() { $(this).removeAttr('class').removeAttr('style'); }); And then copy the HTML from Firebug. Then I got really self-...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible